In this classroom course, you will learn basic concepts and skills you need to be productive users on Power Systems with IBM i. With plenty of hands-on lab exercises, we show everything from signing onto the available user interfaces; green screen environment and IBM Navigator for i.
You will learn how objects are managed on the system and how you display these objects. You will learn to use control language (CL) commands (fast path) and how to work with and manage messages on the system. Students will also learn how to the system manages work and how you manage your printouts. Lastly, students will also get a basic overview of security.
This course is intended for new users employed in a data processing environment who are new to Power Systems with IBM i.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the functions supported by IBM i operating systems
- Explain Power System with IBM i models and generations
- Explain which applications are supported
- Sign on / off the system
- Use the display station keyboard
- Use the online help that is available
- Use the different interfaces available for IBM i
- Understand how objects are managed
- Enter control language (CL) commands
- Send and receive messages and work with message queues
- Manage work and output
- Explain basic security concepts on IBM i
There are no prerequisites for this course.IBM Power Systems System i