SPS is a small business. We have employees in Rockville, MD as well as an offshore office. The right candidate must be able to communicate effectively and with sensitivity with Managers & staff in both locations. Good communication between the offshore HR dept. and the US HR department is imperative to the success of the company.
As in all small businesses, the duties of the HR Manager will spill over to other essential tasks that may not strictly fall in the sphere of HR. There may also be some office management involved and though much of the job can be done remotely in the current pandemic climate, some visits to the office may be necessary.
Following is a short summary of the tasks or activities:
- All tasks related to recruiting, hiring, training, and onboarding candidates (via SPS's Business Management & Tracking system)
- Experience in Technical Recruiting
- Ensuring all employee records and documents are current at all times
- Work with each department to define & implement retention strategies for their staff
- Processing termination of Employees as per SPS processes
- Managing Employee Benefits and updating benefit summaries as needed
- Ensuring year-end holidays and vacation summaries are updated and posted for all employees
- Ensuring all mandated labor law posting for the office are current
- Reviewing and updating SPS Employee Manual annually
- Working with SPS broker & Management to annually review & select SPS Group Health Insurance plans
- Working during open enrollment to communicate SPS health insurance plan to all US employees and helping employee sign up smoothly
- Document all processes and keep a current running book on HR tasks and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the visa process for L-1's and H-1's along with the transitioning to permanent residence status
- SHRM membership will be provided.
- Notary Public a plus
Two or three years of human resource management experience required.
SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
Strong knowledge of Federal & State HR & Employment laws
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent verbal & written skills
Team player- Ambitious