SPS Cyber Security Fellowship Program is a three to six month program intended for seniors and recent graduates of computer science and engineering programs who are interested in expanding their cybersecurity skillset to begin a career in this field. The program is not a coding bootcamp nor is it intended for novices to computer programming.
Features of the program:
- An opportunity to specialize. Most school programs do not provide their students with industry-specific information and technical certifications – we will fill this gap.
- Industry-based and professional 1 on 1 mentoring. SPS will provide a counselor to help you choose a role and a mentor to create a custom program to prepare for it. Entering a new field can be difficult without talking to professionals in the industry – SPS has an ecosystem that will help any new individual with this issue
- Training. Program Fellows may be to entitled to available cy bersecurity training at a heavily discounted rate.
Opportunity to get certified. These certifications are not only helpful for working in SPS but also in IBM or any of IBM’s 30,000 partners worldwide.
- Office environment with client interactions. All fellows have the opportunity to work closely on projects and real-world problems with their advisor.
- Resume enhancement. Coaches and other SPS employees will assist with making sure projects are in line with candidates’ long-term goals and will help resume-enhancement.
- Opportunity to work with SPS or become an instructor. Students who excel in an area may be considered for full time employment with SPS
- Fill out application on SPS website
- Interview with the admissions team
- Notification of status